- 8 hairy desert scorpions, or similar species, thawed
1 pint low fat milk
1 cup white cornmeal
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, remove and discard the stingers and venom glands from the tips of the scorpions tails.
- Pour milk into a medium-sized bowl; add scorpions and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter.
- Remove scorpions from milk mixture, allowing the excess to drain off.
- Dredge scorpions in cornmeal, one at a time. Shake off excess.
- Place scorpions in hot butter and cook until golden brown (approximately two minutes), turn and cook a minute more, until done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Once plated, sprinkle with lemon juice and salt